The 2009 Academy Awards was not only an event for the art of film, but also an event for the art of fashion. Check out Madame Daily’s top six choices for Best Dress at the Oscars.
6. Nicole Kidman: Elegant Nicole showcased a white strapless L’Wren Scott gown. The feathers added to the antique classy look.
5. Penelope Cruz: Pretty Penelope wore a vintage gown made by Balmain. It was a strapless, full gown with lace. Glamorous was Penelope’s middle name last night.
4. Miley Cyrus: Sixteen year old Miley Cyrus fit right in with the all time acting legends as she wore a Zuhair Murad gown with a crystal-studded waist belt. The tiered glistening pedal reminded us of an elegant mermaid. Absolutely beautiful.
3. Jennifer Aniston: Always classy Jennifer looked great alongside John Mayer in her platinum beaded Valentino gown. With her amazing body, the tight strapless dress looked marvelous and deserves recognition.
2. Natalie Portman: Beautiful Natalie stood out last night as she wore a bright fuchsia strapless Rodarte gown. With her sequined dress, she definitely sparkled on the red carpet.
1. Angelina Jolie: Gorgeous Angelina Jolie wins our vote for best dressed at the fashion-centric Academy Awards. Back in black, she elegantly wore a strapless long Elie Saab gown with a leg slit that had a sheer mysterious overlay. Her bold emerald green earrings and ring definitely topped off her ensemble. She was absolutely stunning. And the Oscar for Best Dress goes to… Angelina Jolie!